I added a couple of gauges and a amp meter to the Suck-O-Master to monitor how it is performing over time.
It is doing really well but I think if I seal up some of the pipes better things will improve even more.
I made a panel on the CNC to hold the gauges and meter. It was the first official project done on the CNC and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The Intake gauge is connected to a brass fitting that is screwed into the 6" PVC right in front of the intake for the dust collector. The exhaust is connected to a brass fitting that is screwed into the transition between the blower housing and the filters.
It took me a few minutes to figure out why the exhaust gauge is registering 0 while running. The filters are still CLEAN! When they start to plug up the needle will rise and I will need to clean them.
The amp meter is wired into the ClearVue Motor control box with the transformer going around one leg of the 220v going to the motor and power being provided is connected to the motor side of the relay. The meter only turns on when the Cyclone is turned on.
Everything is off:
Here all of the blast gates are closed:
Here a single 4" blast gate is open off one of the ClearVue 6" to 4" transitions:
And finally with only the 6" floor sweep blast gate open:
Intake gauge was purchased off ebay. Dwyer 2-5020
Exhaust gauge was also purchased off ebay. Dwyer 2-5005
Amp meter was from Amazon: Meter